Chapman’s Automotive was established in 1985 by Carl and Fredonne Chapman. They had previously provided auto repair services for the Yampa Valley since 1954, but had taken a yearlong sabbatical. They decided to start their new venture when their phones in both Colorado and Arizona wouldn’t stop ringing—past clients couldn’t find a dependable auto repair shop, so they were calling on the Chapmans.
Our current owners, J.B. and Paula Chapman, joined the family business in 1994, starting in entry level jobs and eventually working up to a partnership with J.B.’s folks. In 2001, they assumed full reign and have grown the shop to what you see today.
Along with making sure our customers’ vehicles are safe and reliable, we take an active role in the community by participating in many local organizations. J.B. is a member of the CNCC Automotive Technology Advisory Board, immediate past president of the Moffat County Board of Education, and a member of the Moffat County Vocational Agriculture Advisory Board, and Paula is a member of the Moffat County Fair Board and the Northwest Colorado Boys and Girls Club Board of Directors.